Gong Therapy: Sound Healing and Yoga by Mehtab Benton is a comprehensive guide on how to use the Gong and the practices of Yoga to create a therapeutic environment and transformational experience for physical, mental and spiritual excellence.
Written for Yoga teachers, sound healers, therapists and all gong players, Gong Therapy provides the tools and in-depth information to conduct one-on-one private sessions as well as guidelines for using the gong as a therapeutic instrument in a group setting.
Gong Therapy: Sound Healing and Yoga by Mehtab Benton includes these topics:
- The Basis of Sound Healing and Yoga Therapy
- How to Structure a Gong Therapy Session
- How to Play the Gong Therapeutically
- Preparing the Gong Therapy Environment
- Client Assessment and Development of a Therapy Session
- Considerations for Selecting and Using Gongs
- Using Mudras, Mantras, and Pranayamas Therapeutically
- Guided Meditation and Relaxation for Gong Therapy
- Gong Therapy for Groups
- Using Gong Therapy with Other Healing Modalities
- Gong Therapy as a Profession
Mehtab Benton has trained hundreds of gong players and Yoga teachers worldwide. He is the originator and author of the famous book Gong Yoga: Healing and Enlightenment Through Sound. His previous book Teaching Gong Yoga explores how to use Yoga practices with the Gong. A practitioner and teacher of Kundalini Yoga for over 40 years, Mehtab has an educational background in psychology and Yoga therapy and is a certified Vedic Astrologer.
Softcover, 138 pages
Format: approx. 15.2 x 22.8 cm
With many illustrations and charts